22 years old. Computer Science student.
cjbrowne said:nice! do you think EU/US cross-play is allowed? my windows computer is still out of action but it won’t be forever! :)
I don’t know. But you live in Sweden, don’t you? I live in Germany so that shouldn’t be a problem, I think… :)
Yay! Got a Hearthstone beta key. :)
I’m more interested in:
- style convetions
- code organization i.e. how do I manage bigger JS(-only) projects? (modules etc…)
- patterns and practices to write DRY code (without OO and inheritance?)
- other ‘advanced’ things
I want to be part of that fancy web-world but I want to do it the right way and not just hack away, not knowing what to do when I want to do something that can’t be done by chaining JQuery fuctions. I feel like there are so many JS programmers that just don’t know what the f*** they are doing and I think that’s sad…
So, let me know if you know a good source for learning all these things!
So… I have this pair of pants that I own since what feels like forever (I’d guess they are at least 4 to 5 years old). They are quite small (apparently I grew during the last 5 years.. who would’ve thought!). And though I’m aware of the fact that these pants were bought for 17 year old me and probably shrinked a little during these 5 years during which I grew, because that’s what clothing does sometimes when you put it in the washing machine, I can’t help but feel fat when wearing these pants.
I find this funny. And while I’m definitely not Adonis I’m actually pretty okay with my body (with a few not-weight-related exceptions). I probably should get rid of these pants. They are stupid.
Also this was a pointless announcement and you should probably not have read this.
sorting-bubbles asked: Answer this with 10 facts about yourself and then pass it on 10 of your favourite followers
First of all: I feel honored to be one of your 10 favourite followers and this made me smile, so.. thanks! :)
Second point on my agenda: It was really hard for me to come up with 10 facts about myself that aren’t extremely boring and ordinary. In fact I didn’t come up with anything until now and I just decided to wing it. If someone has any specific questions, feel free to ask!
- I’m on a lifelong mission to never stop learning. It does not always have to be something extremely sophisticated but as long as I never stop using my brain and developing as an intellectual individual I considers this mission to be successful.
- Watching series and let’s plays and vlogs online replaces TV completely for me. On very rare occasions I actually do watch TV but mostly this thing serves as a monitor for my PS3. (I’m watching a let’s play as I’m writing this!) Heck I’d even watch videos/streams of people coding if there actually were more of those!
- I want to get into game development. Not professionally but as a hobby. This is why I am currently learning to do graphics programming with OpenGL (you can make a game without OpenGL and use some simpler graphics library instead but I want to learn it the right way right from the start). I attempted GameDev before without any mentionable results - mostly because I didn’t have any graphics to work with (because I don’t know how to create pixel art and I had a hard time learning that). For the beginning I will probably stick with simple geometric figures. Replacing these with some sprites later on can’t be that hard. (Assuming I can make some decent looking sprites.. I’ll have to work that out) But I digress… (I do that a lot lately, when I write something here on tumblr. I wish I was only half as talkative in real life)
- I’ll keep it shorter from now on: I live with my parents and will move out when I graduated and got a job. Which will be soon, I hope.
- We own two cats. The third one had to be put down recently. It was really sad. :(
- I often seem like I’m not happy or don’t want to talk but I’m just a pretty shy person and built up a lot of barriers because I’ve got some anxieties that I try to get rid of. I can be quite cheerful and talkative around people that make me feel welcome.
- I have problems with defining my favourite anything this apllies to music, books, movies, series.. anything really. Most things just aren’t comparable and I liked so many different things during different times in my life.
- I enjoy drinking alcohol occasionally but I don’t like clubbing because it’s mostly a let’s see who vomits first contest and I don’t find really drunk people enjoyable to be around. But maybe that’s just a personal stigma I have because of my experiences with some of my family members. I might write a personal self-reflection blogpost about that topic sometime (alcoholism, that is).
- I’m running out of things to come up with… uhm. Well.. family stuff: I’m the youngest of three brothers. I’m 22 and my two brothers are in the mid-to-late 30s so I’m quite a bit younger.
- I’ll go playing the piano now because I’ve got piano lessons tomorrow and was pretty lazy all week.. so that’s quite urgent. I also wanted to continue working on my OpenGL skills but I’ll have to see if I’ve got time for that. It’s already 8:30 pm.
So, that’s it!
I don’t know if this is interesting for you and I know that I put more than one fact for each point in that list but… suck it I’m a rebel, man!
If people have more questions: feel free to ask. Messages in my inbox give me warm feelings.